- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Canada's Food Guide
- Nutrition Facts
- The Facts on Fat
- Trans Fat
- The Function of Nutrients
- Planning Healthy Meals
- Eating Out
- Healthy Eating for Life
- Special Occasions
- Advice From Our Dietitians
One nutrition program we can trust
Posted by HealthCheck on 2011-09-16 15:12
We know that healthy eating is one of the most important things we can do to improve our overall health. Whether we are cooking at home or eating out we can make healthy choices that will help us lower our risk of heart disease and stroke and other chronic diseases.
But with the vast array of food choices it is difficult to know where to begin. And more and more we are faced with information that is meant to help us make choices – logos on food packing, rating systems and other health claims. But this can just add to the confusion.
How can we possibly sort it all out?
With one national,credible food information program that we could trust to help us make healthy choices.
And what should it look like?
- Criteria based on science and continue to evolve, that follow Canada’s Food Guide and are publically available
- Meets regulatory environment requirements
- Neutral and independent
- Includes an educational component
- Administered by a credible third party on a not for profit basis
- Transparent in its administration
Health Check meets all of these requirements. In fact it is the only food information in the country that does.
Follow us on Twitter @HSFHealthCheck