To get more dietary fibre:
- Eat plenty of whole vegetables and fruit.
- Make at least half of your grain products whole grains each day. Whole grains include whole oats, oatmeal, whole grain breads and cereals, brown rice, whole grain pastas, buckwheat, bulgur, quinoa, whole rye.
- Check the Nutrition Facts table on packaged food for higher fibre choices.
- Aim for 25 grams of total fibre each day for women and 38 grams of total fibre each day for men.
- Choose foods with 2 grams or more of fibre per serving.