- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Canada's Food Guide
- Nutrition Facts
- The Facts on Fat
- Trans Fat
- The Function of Nutrients
- Planning Healthy Meals
- Eating Out
- Healthy Eating for Life
- Special Occasions
- Advice From Our Dietitians
- Find a Product
- Find a Restaurant
Help Your Customers Make Healthy Food Choices
The Health Check symbol identifies your grocery product as a healthy choice. Health Check is the not-for-profit food information program of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Benefits of participating in Health Check include:
- The highly recognizable Health Check symbol is visible on your product package – identifying it as a healthy choice.
- The Health Check symbol tells your customers that your product meets the nutrient criteria developed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s dietitians based on recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide.
- Opportunities to participate in Health Check promotional activities and access to healthy eating tips and resources for your customers.
Joining Health Check is straight forward. The program is open to any food company, food marketing association, retailer and restaurant chain. Any grocery product item that meets or exceeds the nutrient criteria set by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s team of registered dietitians can be licensed to display the Health Check symbol. Products that bear the Health Check symbol are trusted by customers as healthy food choices.
There are 1500+ products representing 200 brands in over 75 food categories in the Health Check program.