- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Canada's Food Guide
- Nutrition Facts
- The Facts on Fat
- Trans Fat
- The Function of Nutrients
- Planning Healthy Meals
- Eating Out
- Healthy Eating for Life
- Special Occasions
- Advice From Our Dietitians
The Heart and Stroke Foundation’s Health Check program is committed to helping consumers make healthy food choices and improving their knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating.
The Health Check symbol is a great resource to help your clients make wise food choices in both grocery stores and restaurants. It can be found on over 2000 grocery items and on the menus of over 800 restaurant outlets. To use the Health Check symbol, food manufacturers and restaurants must meet the program’s nutrient criteria developed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s registered dietitians, based on the recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide.
Benefits for health professionals:
- Health Check is Canada’s only third-party, front-of-pack food information program that objectively evaluates products and menu items against nutrient criteria developed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s registered dietitians. It’s a reliable tool for both health professionals and their clients to help identify healthy food choices.
- The Health Check criteria are based on the recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide.
- A range of online resources are available to use with your clients. Visit the resource section.